Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Greasy Jack... and no, I'm not talking about the burger.

Sometimes you just have to laugh and go get the camera!
Jackson was out of my sight for about 2 minutes. I was trying to pick out something to wear and when I came out of my closet Jack had just walked in our room. He looked up at me and said "paint." It took a second for my mind to register what I was looking at. I kept saying "oh no, oh no,oh no,oh no." I ran for my camera, he didn't want to pose for me but I got a few. The pictures do not convey the mess people. He was covered, head to toe, in Vaseline.

My little mess maker!

After about 7 washes with dish soap and bar soap, I still had a greasy little man.

I decided to give up and go to town to buy some Dawn.


Luckily I was able to find a hat for him to wear to town. I didn't want anyone thinking I meant for him to look like that!

So I bought Dawn and washed his hair about 5 more times... didn't really work.
A friend posted on FaceBook that her friend had the same thing happen and she used baby oil to remove the Vaseline. I thought this is a crazy idea! How could oil remove grease?? Well folks, it does!! If you ever find yourself with a vaseline covered child, get out the baby oil and the dawn and go to work!




1 comment:

  1. How did you ever pick up the slippery little guy? Thanks for the laugh and adorable photos. Wedding slide show someday? I think so.

    ReplyDelete